Monday, September 14, 2009

Work from the last few months

This is one of the photos I have been taking recently and playing around with on photoshop elements. Once I am off this loan laptop and get access to all the other photos, I will add more. I've been enjoying taking flower photos.

Here is Ngatahi in all its glory. It is 1.3m x 1.3m and was the 2009 collaborative project for the NZ Art Guild. I was heavily involved at all stage including sourcing the timber, drawing up the original design. My husband assisted with the cutting up of all the pieces and he built the frame. Each piece was individually painted with the blue and green before sending it out to artists across NZ. I helped with all of that and with the packing up of all the packages and instructions for the artists. I was also responsible for photographing each individual piece as prints were offered of the individual artworks. I also glued down each individual piece onto the black frame and assisted with transporting it around Auckland for photographing and hanging. Huge amount of work was involved with this.


Here are four of my resin pieces hanging at the annual NZ Art Guild exhibition. The 3 small pieces all sold on opening night which was great.

Here is a close up of the larger piece, however the turquoise does not photograph well and looks quite different in person.
Here is a charcoal and white chalk sketch I did of my friend's son Ryan. It is A3 size.


This is a drawing I did using Derwent tinted charcoal. I plan on painting her one day. I took a series of photographs of these beautiful headstone angels.
More photos to come once I have my laptop back....................







1 comment:

  1. You and Allan were awesome and absolutely instrumental in being able to produce such an amazing artwork as Ngatahi - you guys rock!!! :-) Sophia

    ReplyDelete